I have combination/oily skin that is prone to breakouts, dullness and dehydration. The products I am using currently have been working quite well for me and my skin feels quite soft, supple and smooth though I do get occasional spots and blemishes.
Here’s my detailed skin care routine (in order of the products use)
Day time routine
- Biore Charcoal Cleanser 6$ –This cleanser is based on charcoal and it’s for deep pore action. It leaves my face so clean. But, I am someone fairly attentive to my own skin and once all rinsed, I could still feel… it needed to be washed off. Washed thoroughly and cleaned, just to make sure all the product would be gone and no charcoal would be left whatsoever on my face. I totally recommend, as long as you do not forget it is a pore cleanser, and not a simple facewash!
- The Body Shop Seaweed Toner 10$— It really reduces oil. I use this twice a day and at first it didn’t really show a major difference but I used it half way now and I’ve received comments from my friends that my skin seems more clear and smooth.
- Formula 10.0.6 seriously shine free 9$—This is AMAZING. I have combination skin and get oily on my t-zone and cheeks. But now my makeup is flawless all day. It help with oil and shine, and also keeping makeup in place. Just a little goes a long way. To sum it up BUY IT 🙂
- Chapstick 2$–The BEST! Nothing works as good as Chapstick brand. It stays on, moisturizers very well, and instantly soothes chapped lips. I also love that they come in fun seasonal flavors. I am a Chapstick hoarder 🙂 I have it at work, my makeup bag, purse, and several at home. It’s cheap and is great!
Night Time Routine
My night time routine is similar but with a few changes. The SPF products are replaced by a night cream and a cleansing oil is added for getting all the makeup off and nourishing the skin.
- Biore Charcoal Cleanser (same as morning)
- The Body Shop Seaweed Toner
(same as morning)
- Bio Oil 16$-– It moisturizes really well. Although its “oil” it sinks in to the skin quite well when its settled and it doesn’t feel greasy it washes of your hands easily and still feels soft afterwards. It evens out skin tone. I just use this as a spot treatment.
- c15 super booster 48$— just bought a second bottle of this. I can really see a huge difference in my skin when I’m using this:my skin is glowing and acne-free, Haven’t had any bad reactions from it although I have sensitive skin. Price is little high but I just can’t live without it. I use it only at night because it makes my skin little bit greasy.
- St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen ElastinFacial Moisturizer 6$ –This is one fantastic moisturizer. It’s medium textured formula – Not too heavy, not too light is perfect for individuals with normal,normal to dry or dry skin. It works by making your complexion well hydrated and smoother. It can also be used as an all over moisturizer as well.
(same as morning)
- Jurlique Rose Love Balm 10$– I use this as an eye cream. It has a mild rose scent not heavy on the eyes. Gives the exact moisture needed.
Also using – St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub 5$– (2-3 times a week)
The scrub particles are very fine and I love the fresh citrus scent. It doesn’t feel harsh or abrasive on the skin but at the same time, doesn’t feel gentle to the point of not doing anything at all. It removes the dry/dead skin well and my skin feels clean and refreshed after using this. It lasts really long as well, I’ve had this for about 5 months and I use it at least twice a week!
For occasional breakouts
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (spot application)
I haven’t had any major breakouts lately but once in a while when I get spots, I dab this on the affected area using a cotton bud at night and it generally suppresses budding pimples within 1-2 uses.
Clean & Clear Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment(spot application)